How to Serve
We embrace opportunities to give of ourselves.
Jesus said, "I came not to be served, but to serve." In our self-centered culture, servants stand out! God has called us to follow Jesus' example. We serve in many different ways with the ultimate goal of making Christ known by cultivating & using our spiritual gifts, talents & God-given abilities.
Serving Him is one of the greatest blessings we can experience as Christians. By using our spiritual gifts in combination with individual talents, skills and abilities we can meet needs and find new ways to bring people to Christ.
FBC offers two questionnaires to assist you in finding a place of service. You can find the Spiritual Gifts Analysis and the Talents, Skills & Abilities questionnaires below. The feedback on your Spiritual Gifts is an immediate learning experience that gives you insights and a direction to the enjoyment of serving using your own unique gifts. The Talents, Skills and Abilities goes “hand in hand” with Spiritual Gifts as a way for our church to know the resources we have to fulfill God’s desire for all of us to serve.
Are You Giving It Away?
First Baptist Charlotte offers a variety of opportunities to serve. From ETC to our Jail Ministry and everything in between there is bound to be a place where God can use you to serve someone else.
Ask yourself this question: Are you giving it away?
FBC offers numerous opportunities for service.
• Serving in preschool ETC (extended teaching care)
• Teaching in Bible Study (adults, students,
children, or preschool)
• Teaching a Wednesday night class for adults
• Teaching Bible study in our Jail Ministry
• Serving in our Hope Ministry as a Bible study
teacher, worship partner, or bus driver
• Teaching or leading in other ways in
Vacation Bible School
• Facilitating or hosting a Life Group
• Going on a mission trip
• Serving on the media team
• Room in the Inn
• Benevolence needs
• Singing in the adult choir, praise team, or student
• Taking on a leadership role for special events such as
Lay Renewal weekend, Operation Turkey Blessing, etc.
• Working with a Serve Team such as Martha Ministry,
Disaster Relief, or Baptism, etc.
• Serving on a committee including groups like the
Missions Committee, Finance Committee, Stewardship
Committee, or Scholarship Committee, etc.
Find Your Place of Service
To find a place of service, contact Pastor Michael Cummings. Serving in the area you are gifted by the Holy Spirit greatly increases your effectiveness!